Thursday, April 23, 2009

A moment in time.



















Another day; hopefully another dollar! But regardless if the dollars roll in, I am here, running my store with my cup half full of optimism.





Today, I decided not to turn on all the lights. I've decided to work a few more days. I've decided to cut down on buying supplies. I've been working very diligently to fill the spaces that will be coming open at the first of the month. I've cut rent amounts down by a small percentage to help out the vendors who in turn are helping me out by being here in the first place.





I've decided to take a deep breath and roll with the punches.




I've decided to do finish up the art projects I've started around the store. One day an idea came to me and I fretted over it for weeks. I needed to collect letters that would spell out my store's name...Uniques & Antiques. Letters are everywhere...once you start looking you see them. I wanted all sorts of letters...big...small...rusty...crumbly...all different. I eventually found them and when I couldn't find them; I made them. I painted a patch of wall in my front office and finally got the letters up. You really have to see this to appreciate it. The pictures do not do it justice. People look up at certain letters and they want to buy them. I smile to myself when I tell them they are not for sale.








1 comment:

  1. I think your blog is very timely. Those dealers who have been "hobbiests" have all but fallen by the wayside. Times are tough, and what I am finding (in my humble 16 years of selling antiques) is that those items of quality or uniqueness are what sell and sell well. How about you? I look forward to your insight as the days go on.

    ReplyDelete